12.16.2009


I dare say I have a bit of stage fright writing out here for the whole world to (possibly) see. But I'm holding my nose and plunging right in or else I'll never start...


We are fixing up a house. And when I say fixing up, what I really mean is tearing down parts (mainly the newer addition built in the 1970's), restoring the original house and then building an addition.

The house was built in the late 1800's as a country house and has been in the same family for generations. We (my husband) and I have been looking for a house to restore for quite some time and when we happened upon this one, we knew it had great potential for our family.

The house was sold in "as is" condition, so once the keys were in our hands everything behind those doors was now also ours. And wow, was there a lot of stuff! Remember, this house had been in the same family for generations so possessions stayed put and multiplied for that matter. Our young and growing family lived in our last home for five years and when we moved to our new apartment I couldn't believe the amount of stuff we'd acquired when just a few short years before I'd prided myself on being able to carry all my worldly possessions in my Volvo sedan. Out of respect for the previous owners I will not be sharing any pictures of the house with the possessions still inside, but will start with the clean slate it has become.
Thank you for joining us on this new adventure!








No comments:

Post a Comment