6.26.2010

Backyard Renovation

While Tamme is busy inside the house, I've been busy outside. With the help of friends, family, great neighbors and mother nature I've been working on the backyard renovation. Luckily it's a never ending job, because I love it. Warm (HOT! these past few days) sunshine on my back and lots of pulling, pushing, digging, etc. make for great nights of sleep. With the two older children right by my side or off wondering they love coming here as well. The only difficulty can be keeping an eye on my one year old Isaac who of late has developed a passion for exploring, so every few seconds I'm looking to see where he is and every few minutes I'm running to bring him back. So here are a few before and after pictures of the garden and yard.



I created a fenced in play/snack/rest in hammock area for the children as our home base while working at the house.



Future Garden

Tamme built the hoop house out of some found materials and then we just bought the poly film.

The Garden

As much as I adore my neighbors, I've been working on planting trees to buffer the view of their house. These here are actually sixteen assorted apple, peach and pear trees, while along the border of our property I planted different varieties of oak, maple, dogwood, holly, pretty much anything I could get my hands on for free or little cost. I'd still like to plant some evergreens this fall.

Chaos ensues when Isaac gets hold of the hose that's supposed to be filling up the pool!

Hope everyone's staying cool in this hot, hot weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment