5.17.2010

Hello again!


Sorry I haven't posted in a long time, spring came and life just took off! Now that we have the warmer weather Tamme, the children and I have been spending all of our time at the house. I haven't found a healthy balance for the children yet with napping and the work at the house, because I get to the house and there's just so much that needs to be done that I lose track of time and before I know it it's dinner time and the children are tired, hungry and very, very dirty.


Tamme is feeling fine. He gets headaches in the evenings sometimes, but not too bad. The doctors say he is ready for surgery, but having those same doctors actually get back to us with a possible date for the surgery is another story. Time is a good thing though, it gives his brain more time to heal. But it would be really nice to have the surgery done so we wouldn't have to worry anymore.

So here are some projects and renovations we've been working on since I last posted:


Tamme, Peter, my dad Phil, and our good friends Silvano and Field worked together to build us this beautiful fence. They finished it in just one weekend! It was rough work though with the soil being 30% dirt and 70% rock!


The fence really does wonders for the property. The field no longer feels like it just spills out onto the busy road.

Tamme has also been renovating the windows. He wanted to keep the original windows because they have that old, wavy glass he likes so much. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to fix one window, so it's been slow going, but definitely worth it. The pictures don't do the work he's done justice.

"Before"

"After"

I have a lot more projects and pictures to share, including some yard work I've been spending most of my time on, since it's safer for the children to be outside with me.



Hope everyone is well and enjoying spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment