6.06.2010

Introductions

I'd like you to meet some new additions to the family...



This is Mossy, "because his coat feels like moss, mama." Of course it does, Sienna. He is a really sweet, very independent little guy, but training has gone well and by the size of those paws we're thinking he's going to be quite big. We found him at a local adoption center, so he's what you'd call a mutt. I have a soft spot for mutts and everyday we are glad that we brought him home.




Our twenty Rhode Island Reds aka chickens!
Sorry I never posted pictures of them as chicks, but take my word for it, they were wicked cute.



Tamme built the chicken coop and my sisters and I painted it. We're not thrilled with the color, so come fall when we have more time it may get a makeover. It's a great design though, we just move it around the property by hand every couple of days and put up the netting.



Happy Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Awe!!! I love Rhode Island Reds! Remember when my mom had them? I want to get chickens so bad, but Chris said that it's weird to have chickens in town and that he won't have his children growing up embarrassed about the chickens in their back yard. Whatever! I think he's embarrassed! He doesn't want to be married to the crazy chicken lady! Because that's what everyone would call me you know...crazy chicken lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Ang! Just tell Chris that backyard chickens are going to be the next "Silly Bandz", all the hip kids will be having them. Then again, I just said hip, so maybe I'm wrong :)

    ReplyDelete